It's time to gear up! Fit Girls Run Club Marblehead is offering hoodies for sale this fall. The sweatshirts will be navy blue with pink print, and the cost is $30 each. Orders must be received and paid for by October 31. Sweatshirts are scheduled to arrive prior to the end of the Fit Girls season.
To order, go to https://fitgirlsmhd.wufoo.com/forms/fall-2015-sweatshirt-order/
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
On Sunday, November 15, 2015, Seaside Run Club will sponsor the 2nd annual Full Hearts 5K, a 3.1 mile road race through Marblehead designed to generate funds and awareness for the Fit Girls program.
The mission of Fit Girls is to equip girls with the tools to boldly navigate the world with a strong sense of self and a compassion for their community through reading, running and service. The program aims to create an inclusive, supportive group that enables girls to complete a 5K road race while also teaching tools to create healthy lifestyles. The program helps with the development of team building in a nonjudgmental environment, and instills a sense of community outreach by conducting a service project each session. Fit Girls is designed for girls in 4th-6th grade and now has about 100 girls each season since its inception three years ago.
We’re seeking sponsors for the race which will be open to the public and last year drew over 400 participants. Seaside Run Club is a registered 501(c)(3) organization so donations are tax-deductible. All proceeds from this event will support Seaside Run Club and Fit Girls by helping to enhance the curriculum, provide scholarships to need-based participants, and fulfill additional needs such as liability insurance, registration software, and supplies. Due to the great success of our local program, Seaside Run Club has recently taken over the national Fit Girls program in an effort to bring this powerful program to other communities. By supporting this event, you will be helping to bring this inspiring program to youth in Marblehead and beyond.
We would appreciate any assistance you can offer. For a donation of $100 or more, your business name will be posted on our website and on posters displayed during race day events. Those who make a donation of $500 or more will also be listed on our race shirt.
Download a sponsorship form HERE.
Please email us at fitgirlsMHD@gmail.com with any quetions! Thank you in advance for your support!
Tuesday, September 8, 2015
Fall Fit Girls Registration Opens September 10 at 8am
The Fit Girls Run Club is an independent running and reading program for Village School girls in 4th, 5th and 6th grades that builds self-esteem and confidence, and helps girls connect with and give back to their community. Girls progress at their own “just right” pace, while also participating in our educational curriculum that includes topics such as goal setting, self-esteem, confidence, teamwork, and more. The program is open and welcoming to all girls and no prior running experience is necessary.
The bulk of the program consists of non-competitive workouts designed to gradually and safely build endurance to run or walk the 5k (3.1 mile) race distance. At the conclusion of the program the girls participate in a 5k as they celebrate both fitness and community. The program also aims to build self-esteem and confidence through the regular group discussions, and promotes supportive and positive relationships among all participants. It is important that all participants are willing to work towards accomplishing a 5k fitness goal! For the program to work, participants need to be excited and motivated. Please have a conversation with your daughter before registering to ensure this is a choice and commitment she would like to make.
- When: The Marblehead group will meet Tuesday and Thursday from 2:45-4:00PM from October 6-November 17. We meet rain or shine. There is no Fit Girls if there is no school. The curriculum and training are much more beneficial and meaningful when girls are committed to attending both days so 2 day participation will be mandatory. If there are more than 3 unexcused absences, future participation will be reviewed.
- Where: We meet in the Village cafeteria and train on the track and on the sidewalks around Village.
- Cost: $60.00 – (for training program, race entry, program supplies and Fit Girls shirt). Please note that scholarships are available. Please contact us at fitgirlsMHD@gmail.com for more information.
Please register online at https://fitgirlsmhd.wufoo.com/forms/2015-fall-village-fit-girls/ Enrollment is expected to fill and is capped for safety and liability. Participation will be capped at 100 after which we will start a waiting list for interested participants No exceptions can be made so register early!
IMPORTANT DATES~Mark your calendars now:
5k Race: Full Hearts 5k at the Village School on November 15 at 9am
Community Service Day: Fit Girls will be collaborating with SPUR (www.spur.community) for a Fit Girls day of service on November 21.
We are seeking volunteers to help as coaches again this season. We ask that coaches commit to attending at a minimum of one day per week but can certainly attend two. A regular schedule ensures we have enough coaches each session to help out. Running experience is not necessary! A required information session for coaches/volunteers will be held the evening of October 1. Please email us if you are able to be involved this session.
For more information, please email us at fitgirlsMHD@gmail.com
Friday, March 27, 2015
Fit Girls Spring Registration will open on April 1, 2015. The program prepares the girls to complete a 5k at the end of the season. Girls progress at their own “just right” pace, while also participating in our educational curriculum that includes topics such as goal setting, self-esteem, confidence, teamwork, and more. The program is open and welcoming to all girls and no prior running experience is necessary!
NEWS for SPRING 2015:
As the program has grown and developed, we learn and make modifications and adjustments based on our experiences. We have a few updates and changes to share:
- · For the spring 2015 season, we are very strongly encouraging girls to participate in both days of Fit Girls each week. We have found the curriculum and training to be much more beneficial and meaningful when girls are committed to attending both days. In the fall, two day participation will be mandatory.
- While we are anxious to get out and shake off the winter, Mother Nature has had different plans. Please be aware that we may be out running on sidewalks in and around the Village School area instead of focusing on the track if conditions to not allow for utilizing the school grounds. As always, safety is our top priority.
- We are adding in a post-race “wrap-up” session on the Tuesday after our 5k celebration. We found this to be a great opportunity to reflect on the season with the girls and hear their feedback.
- The program will begin on April 14. The first two sessions of the program will be held indoors and will focus on goal setting and program expectations and curriculum.
Registration can be completed at https://fitgirlsmhd.wufoo.com/forms/2015-spring-village-fit-girls/
Start date: April 14
Finish date: June 2
When: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 2:45-4pm
Where: Village School cafeteria
We are seeking volunteers to help as coaches again this season. We ask that coaches commit to attending at a minimum of one day per week but can certainly attend two. A regular schedule ensures we have enough coaches each session to help out. Please email us if you are able to be involved this session.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions about the Fit Girls program (fitgirlsMHD@gmail.com). Participation will be capped at 100 after which we will start a waiting list for interested participants. We are so excited to get back out there for another great season. Thanks, as always, for your support!